Snap Delivered is now live in Nashville, TN! Snap continues to grow and will soon rollout nationwide…
Snap Delivered is now live in Dayton, OH! Snap is continuing to roll out nationwide…
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi recently said that the company is going to be cutting costs after recent feedback from investors.
“The least efficient marketing and incentive spend will be pulled back,” Khosrowshahi said in an email to staff. “We will treat hiring as a privilege and be deliberate about when and where we add headcount. We will be even more hardcore about costs across the board.” I guess there aren’t going to be many more “should I eat this or not eat this” celebrity commercials.
They are going to need to be more efficient about cutting costs after reporting a net loss of $5.9 billion during the first quarter of 2022 on revenue of $6.9 billion. That’s a big hit.
Khosrowshahi said. “It’s clear that the market is experiencing a seismic shift and we need to react accordingly.” I don’t know if he is talking about the entrance of new competitors in the market or if they are just now realizing that delivery is kind of a low margin business and you shouldn’t spend so much on advertising.
Snap Delivered unveiled a couple of new announcements at the Las Vegas Conference this past weekend April 29-May 1st. Here’s some of them…
1. You now have a way to earn your way to be a manager instead of paying $299. Reps who do $600 in personal commissionable volume will automatically become managers.
2. Snap Delivered has now partnered with a streaming service called Vidgo. Snap Reps can sell Vidgo streaming services and earn commissions in addition to Snap Deliveries.
3. Snap Delivered has also partnered with a pharmaceutical company and will be soon delivering medications to customers in addition to food. The company has a bitcoin rewards program for customers who fulfill prescriptions and as a Snap Rep you get points on the orders within your organization that you can convert into the company’s crypto coin.
4. Snap Delivered announced NFT tokens in the form of the company mascot- the duck called “Doug.” These NFT’s have special benefits like free conference tickets and more and can be purchased and held like a stock and they can be resold later.
5. Snap Delivered will soon have our own version of a “ghost kitchen” or a kitchen that does only delivery and has no customer facing aspect. These kitchens will be called Snap Kitchens. There are about 7-8 brands right now with more on the way.
I’m excited about where this company is heading. Lots of great ideas and Snap is poised to be a major player in the delivery industry.
After just one year since they were acquired by Just Eat Takeaway, GrubHub may be sold.
JET is facing pressure from shareholders, and in particular one activist investor called Cat Rock Capitol, to either do a partial or full sale of GrubHub or bring on a strategic partner. A letter to JET from Cat Rock said that GrubHub was dragging JET down after a 5% decline in orders from North America.
JET acquired GrubHub for $7.3 Billion and the thought was that acquisition would give JET an advantage in the North American market, but instead with Covid being essentially over and more people dining out instead of staying in GrubHub is losing sales.
GrubHub has been losing market share to its competitors Uber Eats and Doordash, and pretty soon it will be losing even more to Snap Delivered.
The big 3 companies in the delivery space are under regulatory pressure from a number of large cities to curb their delivery fees as lawmakers are introducing legislation to put a cap on the percentage a delivery company can charge a restaurant.
A federal judge is refusing to dismiss a case brought against GrubHub and Uber Eats in 2020 that alleges the company’s practices have driven up the cost of restaurant food. It seems that forcing restaurants into “no-price competition clauses” isn’t very good for the restaurant or consumers. Check out the full article here.
Congrats to Dickey’s BBQ for being the first national restaurant chain to signup with Snap Delivered!
Dickey’s BBQ is going to save a lot of money on delivery at each of their corporate stores with Snap’s $2 flat fee.
If you are a customer who likes great BBQ and you live near a location you can get Dickey’s BBQ delivered at
snapdelivered.com and save money on your order.
Welcome to the Snap Delivered Family Dickey’s BBQ!
Snap Delivered is gaining momentum quickly and is soon going to be opening up in 35 new cities! This in addition to the existing 11 cities open brings the total count to 46 cities live. Snap Delivered is going to be a nationwide brand soon and will forever change the delivery industry.
Stay tuned for more updates…
Snap Delivered has changed the main website. It now has a much better look and feel to it.
But does it look better than the Snap Delivered Blog? Or is it more user friendly?
That’s debatable, and obviously I’m a bit biased, but why don’t you check it out for yourself…
I know you might be thinking- Zach the main website definitely looks better than the blog
because it doesn’t have your face all over it and that might be true.
But the blog still has more information.
Stay tuned for more updates…
After months of renting apps on another software while still in prelaunch mode, Snap Delivered has made the switch to their own proprietary apps. Now Snap Delivered owns their own app technology and will soon be ready to launch in a big way.
The Snap Customer app is now called Snap User. The Driver app is now called Snap Operations Specialist. The Restaurant app is now called Snap Merchant Control.
If you had the old apps on your phone you can remove those and switch to the new ones. The new apps have a better look and feel to them and are what the company is going to use going forward.